9.03.2010

Style Beautiful Card set with Scalloped Edge Box

I was inspired by Shelli Gardner's project from one of her Workshop of a Lifetime Make-n-Takes and modified it to create these 3x3 cards and made a cute scalloped box to put them in. I used the Style Beautiful stamp set for the cards.

For the cards, I started by embossing the large stamp image with clear embossing powder and then using a sponge dauber to softly circle some baja breeze around the image. I stamped another swirl image in certainly celery on certainly celery and then stamped "Life is Beautiful" in early expresso on top and punched it out with the scallop oval punch. I added some early expresso taffeta ribbon and placed it on the card with a dimensional.

I stamped the third swirl image in baja breeze on the envelope and added the sentiment on top in early expresso.

For the scalloped box I started with a 6-1/4" x 6-1/4" piece of crumb cake and scored it at 3/4", 1-1/2", 4-3/4", & 5-1/2" on one side and 3/4", 4", and 4-3/4" on the other side. I have created a video tutorial to show you exactly how to assemble the box. I added a strip of 1/2" x 4" strip of baja breeze stamped with the individual Solid Stripes stamp in baja breeze to the top of the box.

Here is a video tutorial that I created to show you exactly how to put the box together and create the cool emboss resist effect on the cards. I have to apologize that it is hard to see the image in the video.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for the great tutorial! I'm gonna try it out! Aloha, Linda

Katherine said...

I love this little project. I've made these in lots of sizes, but this one is great!

TFS