1.25.2010

Friend Basket & Valentine's Stamp Party

I made this friend basket with the Baskets & Blooms Sizzix die. I cut out the two sides and then added a 3" x 8-1/2" piece of cardstock in the middle. I scored it at 2-3/4" and curved the bottom piece to follow the curve of the basket. I then scored 1/2" along the length of each side and used it as tabs to adhere to the side pieces. I cut the middle tab into three tabs so I could mimic the curve of the bottom of the basket.

I added some flowers from the Birds & Blooms 4-pack of Sizzlit dies and a red corduroy button in the middle. I stamped "Friend" from the With all my Heart stamp set and punched it out with the large oval punch and layered it on the scallop oval.

I used the Sending Love Specialty DSP for the middle piece and the scalloped circle handle.
To create the scallop circle I punched a 1-1/4" circle and then punched the scallop circle on top of it. To create the handle I punched over the original handle with the 1-1/4" circle punch and then added the scallop circle.


If you live in the area, I'm having a Valentine's Stamp Party this Thursday night at 7pm at my house! We will be making three cute Valentine's projects just in time for Valentines Day! There is a $10 fee, but if you make a $50 purchase you'll not only receive a free Sale-a-bration item, but also the fee will be waived!

There will be a door prizes, free gifts for bringing a friend and lots of fun samples to see!

Space is limited, so please RSVP (email me) by Tuesday, January 26th.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

This is such a cute basket! Love it!