3.07.2011

Monogramed Cards in Scalloped Card Box

I made these Monogramed cards and the card box to hold them as a gift for a friend. I love making monogramed cards as gifts, because people love to receive and use them! I decided to go with an elegant design and what could be more elegant than the Manhattan Flower embossing folder and the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set? The Lovely Letters Alphabet coordinates so perfectly with this elegant group.


For the card box, I came up with my own pattern. I started with an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and scored at 3", 4", and 10" on the 11" side and at 1", 2", 6-1/2" and 7-1/2" on the 8-1/2" side. I cut away the corners as shown above and then added sticky strip as shown below. I scalloped the edge that folds over the box and put the box together.

2 comments:

lisa808 said...

Thanks for the directions for the box.

Bonnie Weiss said...

Very pretty project.