4.06.2009

Acetate Treat Box & Blog Candy winner

I made this cute Acetate Treat Box last week with a friend.  I took some directions from other treat boxes and came up with my own that you can find here.  We used baja breeze and the eyelet punch for the top and bottom lid, some clear window sheets, and some of the pretty Summer Love Rub-Ons for the front of the box.  We added the cute circle from Matchbox Messages and layered it with a circle and a scallop circle.


A tip for this project is to squeeze the acetate when placing it in the bottom lid so that it doesn't get stuck on the sticky strip in the wrong place!  Then punch holes in the top lid and acetate to thread some ribbon through to hold the top lid in place and create a handle!  Don't forget to add the candy!

And now for the exciting news!  The blog candy winner is Jean!  Congratulations!  

Here is her comment:

Fab new look! Very Spring and goes so well with the Spring Summer Catalog!!

Favorite product has got to be the Big Shot and the Exclusive SU dies and texturz and Impressions folder. Amazing the shapes to play with and create with. Today I played with my newest decorative strip die birds and branches and fell in love with the Big Shot all over again. I could never have cut out such a delicate piece by hand but in less than a couple of minutes I had this amazing set of die cuts to create a fabulous project with. Just fires up the creative juices no end. Who knew raw paper cut up in shapes could be so inspiring. No ink, no stamp just paper! 

Thanks for sharing such awesome Easterish blog candy. 

Jean, please email me your address so I can send you the blog candy!

3 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Oh is that totally cute! Great idea, adorable little gift and I am thinking you might have used my favorite Easter candy in there.

lisa808 said...

Great box. Very nicely done.

Congrats to the lucky blog candy winner.

Val said...

Awesome box! These would certainly make a wonderful gift! I wish I had seen these earlier. Thanks for the great tutorial too!