3.10.2008

Friend & Always Card

We had our monthly demonstrator meeting at my upline, Dannie's house Saturday. She had so many great things to show us from swaps that she's participated in! I can't wait to make some of the cute projects that I saw!




This is the card I made for our swap. I used Friendly Flowers from the new Occasions Mini Catalog. I used my brocade blue, certainly celery, and real red markers to color in the stamps. Then I used the Lots of Dots jumbo wheel on the certainly celery and added some wide brocade blue grosgrain ribbon.



This is the card that I made for our project. I've been wanting to try this double slider card for a long time, so I finally decided to try it out. I got the directions from splitcoast (of course!) here. I used the Always set with chocolate chip, bordering blue, and sage shadow.


Surprise! Here it is with the tab pulled up! It's such a fun card to make and not as difficult as it looks! I will post the other project we did tomorrow!

7 comments:

Maren said...

These are both so so beautiful!! Love the colors on the swap and That project is so special!!

Cassie said...

WOW!! I am in AWE over that double slider card - too cool!!!
And I love the friend card - glad you shared - I've been thinking about the lots of dots wheel - actually, lots of the sets in the mini have caught my eye!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

These are great Elaine. I love that slider card. I haven't tried on of those before. Thanks for the link. The colors on both are great. I'd like to get that swap card! Sounds like a fun girls night too. :)

Dawn♥ said...

WOW what a very lovely card! Love the design and the colors! Awesome job! :)

Sandy said...

They are fabulous creations. Lovely work. Great ideas with the pocket.

Beth said...

Such gorgeous cards! I just love the slider card. I have to try it, thanks for sharing it with us.

Lynn said...

Love these colors together! I need to try one of these sliders...very nice!