3.04.2008

Dahlia fold card

I finally squeezed in some time to put together a card today. Actually, I've been working on this one for a week here and there when I've had time, but I finally put it all together today. Yeah! I've been wanting to try the dahlia fold that my upline Dannie showed me. Here is her card and the instructions.

I found that I had to be pretty precise in folding the circles or they didn't fit together and left a gap in the circle. Other than that, it was pretty easy to make. I used my favorite Berry Bliss dsp and some double stitched pomegranate ribbon. One thing I noticed that I didn't use, stamps and ink! Maybe I'll stamp a sentiment and add it in the bottom corner.

16 comments:

kathy said...

So cute. I got the instructions and I am going to try to make one...yikes here I go again..lol

Maren said...

Wowzers! This flower is gorgeous! I love how that dp has the touch of pink on the fold! So pretty!

Lynn said...

Very pretty! I love it in the Berry Bliss! I tried the dahlia fold...but mine sure looked nothing like yours or any of the other beautiful folds I've seen.I think I'm folding impaired. :-(

Jana M. said...

Don't you just love this paper???!!! I have been meaning to try this fold.

Beth said...

This card has such and elegant look to it. Very beautiful. I've been trying to get the dahlia fold done too, but so far I haven't been able to get the pieces to fit together very well. I guess practice makes perfect

Erin... said...

love the dahlia fold with the dsp soo pretty!!! it's funny when you make a card and then realize "I didn't even stamp it"!!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful, great flower and I love the backing paper

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful Elaine. Great use for the DSP too. Love that fold, the rhinestone is a nice accent too. :)

Just me said...

Stunning. I have been seeing these on blogs. I need to try it.

Teresa said...

I love doing these cards, yours turned out Beautiful!

Heather said...

This is fabulous with the Berry Bliss paper!!!

mrsnigby said...

Elaine,

I absolutely love this card! I recently taught this technique at the Arts & Crafts Center on Ramstein Air Force Base, thanks to the easy directions you posted. The card we made is posted to my blog: www.mrsnigby.blogspot.com and I gave you credit for the design. I hope you don't mind! Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Wow!! I haven't tried this yet.. I done know it looks difficult.

April Hall said...

I love this technique! You did a beautiful job!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for the link! Lol Lynn x

Sandy said...

Wow this is perfect. Wonderful work. Love it.