11.07.2008

Create a Beautiful Winter Scene


Some people think I'm crazy, but I have to admit that I miss the snow! Don't get me wrong, I love the beautiful California weather. But it still feels strange to celebrate Christmas without snow! So when I saw the Winter Post stamp set, I knew I had to have it! I love the snowflake stamp and the ice skaters.

The ice skaters are perfect to create a Winter Scene using Lovely As a Tree. First I stamped the skaters on a piece of kraft cardstock cut out with the Big Shot top note die. Then I stamped the skaters on a piece of paper and cut them out so that I could use it as a mask. I placed it over the skaters and stamped the trees for the background. Then I used my blender pens to color in the skater's sweaters.

I used a sketch challenge of scs for the layout of the card. I added some of the new Holiday Treasures DSP (love it) in layers and some wide double stitched chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon. Are you ready for ice skating and hot chocolate?

No comments: