9.10.2008

Inspiration from the Catalog


An easy way to find inspiration is to simply look in the catalog! I found a card on page 127 of the Fall/Winter Catalog that I liked. I modified it a bit and in a couple minutes I had a finished card! Instead of using DSP I used the bella's border wheel on some kiwi kiss.

I've been wanting to use my Curly Label Punch and coordinating Cute & Curly stamp set, so I stamped the image in more mustard and then again in kiwi kiss and cut out the oval and stamped the "Thank you" from A Rose is a Rose stamp set and popped it up on a dimensional.

I wanted a scalloped layer, so I punched a piece of chocolate chip with the scallop square punch and then cut it in half. I adhered it to the back on the top and bottom. I added some chocolate chip taffeta ribbon as well.

I've got a my son's piano lesson, cub scouts, his friend over for dinner and a Young Women's activity for me, so I better get crackin'! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

this is great elaine!! love your spin!!

Lynn said...

Very pretty! Love the way you layered the punches!

Anonymous said...

This is oh so striking!! I always love going through my catty for ideas!! :) Brilliant idea!