12.19.2007

Teacher Gift



I have been working furiously on gifts, especially gifts for my son's teachers. They both have great teachers this year and I really appreciate all they do! This one is for my kindergartner's teacher, Ms B. I made the tote that I saw on the On Stage Magazine. Then I put three cards that we make at our last group meeting inside.

For the tote, I started with a 10 1/2" x 8 1/2 piece of Designer Series Paper from Notations No. 2 and scored vertically at 1 1/4" from each side and horizontally at 4 1/2" and 6". I cut from the vertical edge on the 4 1/2" and 6" score line to the 1 1/4" score line and then folded the sides up together. The sides overlap, but do not meet the edges.

Clear as mud? That's what I thought...so, I drew up a template:





I punched out some tabs with the Round Tab punch and added some strips of dsp to create the handles. I ran a piece of wide olive grosgrain ribbon up the middle and hung a mini envelope (that I created with the Mini Envelope Template) with some gold cord.


Then I stamped "b" on old olive and cut it out and placed it on my mini envelope and stuck a little thank you note inside.


For the cards we used Apple Cider dsp, Office Accoutrement, the round tab punch, the spiral punch and the scallop punch.


I hope she likes it!


13 comments:

blah said...

Super cute!!!! I do admit that I'm a horrible stamper and didn't make things for the teachers, coworkers, etc. . .I think they'll get great Spring gifts :-)

Andrea, said...

Fab teachers gifts, I didn't get round to doing any this year.

bensarmom said...

This is just darling! I'm a teacher and I know I'd appreciate something like this!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This set is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing the template with us!! :)

Cindy Beach said...

The tote and the card are fabulous!
I really like the design and papers you used - such rich colors. The teachers will love them and thanks so much for telling us how you made them.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Great gifts Elaine! I'm sure the teachers will love them! Thanks for the tutorial too! Great pattern too! Happy Holidays!

Heather Huggins said...

Super cute!! Makes me want to be a teacher...

Sandy said...

Wow this is a wonderful idea and lovely gift. Absolutely cute.

Hugs
Sister Sandy

Lynn said...

Beautiful! I bet the teachers loved these! I like the way you used the tab punch on the handles.

PocketsOfInspiration said...

I LOVE this! I'm an earth elements girl and this is right up my alley.

Just me said...

Very cute. I bet they loved it.

Unknown said...

Wow!!
This is simply awesome. Thanks for sharing this idea for Teacher Appreciation Week .

Unknown said...

This is extremely great information for these blog!! And Very good work. It is very interesting to learn from to easy understood. Thank you for giving information. Please let us know and more information get post to link. weblogic administrator training