8.04.2007

What a fun box to make!

This is a box I created as a make-n-take for my New Catalog Open House last month. It's really simple to make! I used the baroque motifs set, blue bayou & chocolate chip cardstock, and wild wasabi, blue bayou, and chocolate chip ink.

I started with an 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 square of blue bayou and scored 2 3/4 from each edge. I stamped the large swirl on each side. Then I cut out each corner box and folded up the sides to create the box. I punched holes in each corner and tied the sides together with wild wasabi double stitched ribbon.

Then I stamped the square image off on scrap paper to get a lighter wild wasabi and then stamped it on 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 whisper white cardstock. Next, I stamped "cherish" in chocolate chip on top of the square image.

To finish off the box, I put some chocolate in a cello bag and tied it off with some more wild wasabi ribbon and a tag using the new scallop punch and the 1 3/8 circle punch. This is an easy fun project that you can make too!

1 comment:

Janie said...

Hi Elaine ~ Wow! I really missed out when I couldn't make it to your open house last month. Love your designs!