8.21.2007

Anniversary/Wedding Cards

So many occasions, so many possibilities! Last Saturday was my parent's 34th wedding anniversary. Can you guess what color my Mom loves? Growing up we had pink leather couches, pink bath towels, pink sheets, pink comforters, pink drapes...I think there was a pink phone somewhere in the house...so I got "pinked" out. About the only time I use pink is for my Mom. Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!




My cousin got married last Saturday as well, so I toned down the pink and created this card with Baroque Motifs and the Three for You flower punch. I stamped the large swirl in certainly celery on vellum. Then, I colored the flowers from the punch and the Pretties Kit pretty in pink with a sponge dauber. I find it to be less messy than using markers or ink pads. I added some bling with a rhinestone brad and some softness with the white organdy ribbon. I found some small pink pearls and cut them in half and added them to the centers of the flowers for an elegant touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love getting your simple ideas for coloring the pretties. Easy is good!