I was inspired by Shelli Gardner's project from one of her Workshop of a Lifetime Make-n-Takes and modified it to create these 3x3 cards and made a cute scalloped box to put them in. I used the Style Beautiful stamp set for the cards. For the cards, I started by embossing the large stamp image with clear embossing powder and then using a sponge dauber to softly circle some baja breeze around the image. I stamped another swirl image in certainly celery on certainly celery and then stamped "Life is Beautiful" in early expresso on top and punched it out with the scallop oval punch. I added some early expresso taffeta ribbon and placed it on the card with a dimensional.
I stamped the third swirl image in baja breeze on the envelope and added the sentiment on top in early expresso.
For the scalloped box I started with a 6-1/4" x 6-1/4" piece of crumb cake and scored it at 3/4", 1-1/2", 4-3/4", & 5-1/2" on one side and 3/4", 4", and 4-3/4" on the other side. I have created a video tutorial to show you exactly how to assemble the box. I added a strip of 1/2" x 4" strip of baja breeze stamped with the individual Solid Stripes stamp in baja breeze to the top of the box.
Here is a video tutorial that I created to show you exactly how to put the box together and create the cool emboss resist effect on the cards. I have to apologize that it is hard to see the image in the video.

Thanks for the great tutorial! I'm gonna try it out! Aloha, Linda
ReplyDeleteI love this little project. I've made these in lots of sizes, but this one is great!
ReplyDeleteTFS