9.06.2010

Black Magic Flower Card

My friend Donna told me to check out a new technique called Black Magic. I saw some samples and immediately wanted to try it! I decided to try chocolate chip instead of black and I like the result! I used the top note die and then stamped the grass and flowers from the Inspired by Nature stamp set with Whisper White Craft ink. Then I heat set them with my heat gun. Starting with the lightest color, I used my pure color pencils (you can use watercolor pencils instead) to color in the stamps.

I ran some River Rock through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder and placed it on some Bravo Burgundy. I added some Daffodil Delight ribbon around the top note and the sentiment from the Afterthoughts Hostess set.

3 comments:

Linda said...

what a beautiful card! tx for sharing!

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous!

kay said...

Hi, Elaine! Wonderful technique on your Black Magic! I should try that too! BTW, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I appreciate it! http://creationsonpaper.blogspot.com